Hey everyone! It’s been a while since I last posted and there is nothing really that changed ever since. We are still very much in the middle of all this pandemic and still in lockdown. Well, at least my family is. Even though I have seen people gathering already and going out, I still prefer to be home and not go out unless it’s really important. We have been doing a lot of Instacart-ing and Doordash.
One thing that I have found I have been doing lately, like other people have, is cook. Lots of it. We are getting our main dishes from Dinnerly most of the time but for dessert, I either make them myself or my Mom does.
Today, I will be sharing this banana bread recipe that I have been using everytime I make them.
Banana bread has always been a favorite here in my household. When we went to Hawai’i last year, we got to try, probably the BEST banana bread in the world.
But what makes a great banana bread?
For me, it’s the consistency of the loaf. I like it when it’s moist and the walnuts are added bonus. Although this recipe calls for walnuts, I didn’t have any on hand, so I skipped that part. It also comes down to, well, bananas. The more ripe it is, the better.
Homemade Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 bananas, very ripe and mashed well
- 1/2 cups walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add all dry ingredients together and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix egg, sugar and oil. Stir together until well combined.
- Add dry to wet ingredients and mix well. Mixture will be thick and clumpy.
- Add milk, vanilla and bananas. Combine until well incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- Mix in walnuts. Pour mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Check especially the middle.
I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know how it turned out. Also let me know if you did anything else or substituted an ingredient. I always like to spice up my recipes sometimes.