It’s officially been a month since we have been quarantined. If you have been following me on Instagram, you probably know that we have been practicing social distancing since beginning of March. Our district was the first one who closed school for a week.
At first, it started to be alright then by the 3rd week, it started to sink in. Especially when our Governor issued a 2 week lock down. Everything was surreal. I didn’t think this was gonna happen. Not in our lifetime, at least. But I was wrong. No one was ready for this. Absolutely no one. Given the situation, we transitioned to online learning which was a lot. But at the end of the day, we need to adapt and adjust to these changes. It’s for our own good.
I have been seeing a lot of posts on FB about people who cannot deal with being stuck at home for this long. Asking what they can do and how to cope up. That’s why I decided to make this post to share what I have been doing to not only take care of my family but also myself during this time. Self love is very important to us because this will help us take care of the people that we love as well. Being in love with yourself gives you confidence, self esteem and gives you more positive vibes for yourself and towards others.
Most people go to the spa, treat themselves or go shop to release stress. But during this time, we really can’t do any of those. Still, there are a lot of ways to show yourself love even if it’s just in the comfort of your own home.Be your own reason to smile! Click To Tweet
5 SELF LOVE TIPS:
- Read a book, newspaper or magazine. This is probably the easiest and the most common that people already do. But studies show that reading a book or two everyday gives you peace of mind and calmness that we often need. I’m not a big book reader myself but I always find time to read magazines or cookbooks.
- Take a bubble bath. This is a refreshing way to get away from the chaos in your house for an hour or so. If you can, take a chamomile bath. It’s known to calm the body and gives you a quick freshening up. Put on some music and light a candle.
- Play a game. This has been very helpful to me lately, not to mention super fun. I have been playing this video game called Animal Crossing. It has been helping me a lot with anxiety and just really enjoying the game. The game focuses on getting resources by doing daily tasks like talking to people, visiting shops, catching bugs and go fishing. The soothing background music also helps a lot.
- Take a break from social media. There I said it. We all need to take a break from social media even if we’re not in this situation. Social media nowadays brings nothing but stress and negativity. Every time I look at Facebook or Instagram it’s nothing but complaining and negativity around. Either people don’t want to be contained in their houses or people just taking advantage of the current circumstances. It has become a room of toxicity. Taking a break from it for a day or two, even a week, can really help us be in the present and think about great and positive things we can do for ourselves during this time.
- Write a journal. This helps a lot especially when you’re feeling really down and don’t want to talk to anyone. Trust me, this happens a lot more than anything. It doesn’t have to be a full sentence. It can just be a list of how you’re feeling that day and what you want to do to change it.
There you have it. I hope these tips help in any way and of course, feel free to share below what yours are.