Today’s post is about how to get those pretty nails done without a visit to the salon. Possible? Yes!
The nail salon has been a regular place for me to visit, especially when there’s a special occasion. Depends on what you need done, it gets expensive quick. That doesn’t even include tipping your nail tech. After watching YouTube videos of at home nail designs, I finally tried to do it myself.
It was trial and error, for sure, especially when you’re not used to it. But with the right tools and patience, a lot of it, you’ll be a pro in no time.
I am obsessed with the coffin nail shape. I think it looks elegant and sexy. That’s usually my go-to nail design when I go to the salon. I will be showing you how I get that nail shape and the process.
These are the tools you need:
- Coffin shaped acrylic nails. I usually use the clear ones so the nail polish adheres more and makes it last longer than the white ones. I got mine from Amazon.
- Nail file
- Nail Glue. I get the glue from the brand Kiss because I have tested and proved it that it lasts longer than other brands I’ve used.
- Electric or battery operated nail file set. This is optional because sometimes you can just use a nail buffer or nail file to trim the edges. The ones I normally use is discontinued but this one is highly recommended on Amazon.
- Nail clipper. If you go to the nail salon, they don’t just use regular nail clippers to shape the nails. They use this tool. It’s very easy to use and you can change the angle depending on what shape you like for you nails.
- Your favorite nail polish.
The process is super easy enough and it should just be a breeze. Doing your own nails doesn’t require you to be an expert or a nail technician, just patience and the right tools. I hope these tools can help you achieve those nail goals you like without spending a chunk of money.
Do you do your nails at home? Do you use any of these tools? Let me know below!